glasgow's cutest* tearoom and craft gallery

Sunday 26 February 2012

Cross stitch

I'm having a cross stitch renaissance! Following my Valentine crafternoon where we cross stitched a heart onto a beautiful card, I've been re-inspired.
I bought some lovely Moleskine notebooks that I planned to print onto last week but I wondered how they'd look with a simple cross stitch on the cover. It goes to show that the simplest designs work best.
I've been playing with different colour ways and I hope to sell them in the tearoom, if I don't keep them for myself!!!
They were easy enough to do. I printed out some graph paper, enlarged it and attached it to the cover of the Moleskine and punched through the holes for the pattern with a pin.
Then just choose your favourite colours and cross stitch your heart out!

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty idea - this would work well for any number of papercrafting projects. Thank you..

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you.