glasgow's cutest* tearoom and craft gallery

Tuesday 24 August 2010

Long time no read... Catching up...

Well I have been bad. I haven't posted anything for perhaps longer than two weeks. I can only apologise however, I was on holiday for a big part of that time. I spent a week and a half staying in a proper counrty cottege in North Lopham, Norfolk. I had a great time. It was very relaxing and I managed to get some lovely finds while I was out and about and do some tea room research.
This is were we were staying. It had the lovliest big garden with apple, pear and plum trees, laden with fruit.

I kept up my search for china for the tearoom while I was away. I picked up this cute Greendawn Johnson Bros china and Meakin's Rosa coffee pot. I'm keeping the greendawn for myself however.
On a visit to the seaside town, Sheringham, we came across this second hand bookshop. Floor to ceiling stacked shelves with vintage books. I was impressed however to discover that the books were alphabetised into sections. Now I used to work n a book shop a few years ago and it was at times tricky keeping ontop of sections and keeping them in order. Real Kudos to the man who manages this lot.

Secondhand Bookshop Sheringham


A London trip was planned while we were staying in Norfolk. Stuart and I went through to spend the day, then stayed overnight with two of my friends. We did a bit of an anti-tourist London trip really and stayed away from the main sights, however a quick trip to the Camden Markets meant we could discover a great tearoom, Yummcha. Above you can see all the different varieties of tea they sell in little milk jugs for you to have a sniff and choose your tea.
Yumchaa Camden

The decor was pretty cool. A bit more 'shabby' than I'd have in my own place put it gave me some ideas. I love exposed brickwork. Here they've pretty much left it as it is. I think I'd have mine painted white. The furniture was an eclectic mix which I liked and I guess it was pretty minimalist. Again, I think I'd like a bit more stuff on display, nice china, pictures and the like.

I've got some viewings this week too of potential cushion and cake tearooms so I'll tell you more about that tomorrow. I'm also heading off to Paris with Stuart for a last minute music fetival trip for Stuart's birthday. Very much looking forward to it ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you.