glasgow's cutest* tearoom and craft gallery

Monday 18 October 2010

Interior designing and tea sampling

Things are moving on with the tearoom. I'm hoping to get in for my second viewing this week with my uncle who's a builder to show him what kind of changes I might want to make to the property.
I'm also going back to the Business Gateway this week to meet with my advisor to firm up my finance figures.
I've been spending some time getting excited about the look of the tearoom and have started working on a mood board.
Lots of pastel colours, quite feminine, but not too girly. My home is really quite girly, shabby chic but I'm not sure that is to everyone's taste. I've been researching sinks, shelves, chairs, lights. This is my favourite part of the project, the interior design. But I feel nervous about it too. What is no one likes it except me??!!
Out in the West End yesterday, Stuart and I stopped for a bowl of soup and some cake in a new Vintage clothes shop.
 
The soup was lovely, and I wanted to steal the lovely big soup plate.
Stuart had tea in a pretty cup and both had slices of cake, but I'm afraid I ate mine before I could take a picture of it...
I've also managed to get my hands on four old chairs this week for the tea room. My plan was to paint all furniture in pastel colours and distress them a bit. I'm still undecided. 
While I'm waiting for all the official bits and bobs to come together, along with a the interior design of the tea room, I've turned my attention to the tea. I think I'll offer around 6 different teas and I want them to be special. I've been in touch with suppliers of tea that I like as a start. I spoke to someone this morning who is sending me some samples this week. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you.