glasgow's cutest* tearoom and craft gallery

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Glamping at the Roulotte Retreat

Now words cannot describe how good I feel after my break, glamping in Melrose in the Scottish Borders.
We stayed in a Roulotte, a French built caravan decorated in beautiful colours on a meadow near the Eildon Hills. The weather was fair, no rain but I didn't care. I was looking for some serious time off to sleep, relax and get some fresh air. This pair Goosey & Lucy were our neighbours.
The male goose Goosey honked a lot and we were told never to turn our back on him because he'd chase us! I thought we'd just keep out of their way but when they came to the door, there was no avoiding him...
The roulottes were so cosy with a big bed and a wood burning fire, Stuart and played dominoes for hours one evening and it was lovely to have no phone, no T.V.
I managed to have some tearoom fun of my own and visited the Main Street Trading Company on St Boswells main street. It was a dream. Bookshop, tearoom and vintage shop in one.
I loved the original signage outside the shop in gold paint.
Lots of beautiful books...
I enjoyed a slice of cake, which was really familiar! We must bake the same recipe for this blueberry cream cheese cake ;-)
So back to work tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it and I'll be a bit more presentable than the picture of me in my glamping gear ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time (despite the weather)!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you.