glasgow's cutest* tearoom and craft gallery

Monday 13 September 2010

Car Booting Cushion and Cake

I thought I'd try Cushion and Cake at a car boot sale yesterday. I didn't take my hand made items but I did take cakes. The cakes completely sold out and made me quite popular with fellow stall holders.
I took some other bits along with me like shoes I've never worn and some clothes and purses. Sold NONE of them. So glad I didn't take my cushions.
I spoke to lots of nice people however. One woman in particular used to have a tearoom in Sussex and she still has most of the china from her place. I bought one of her trios. It is exactly what I'm looking for.
I got this too. I'm not really sure what it is, but it is a very pretty box. It will be nice to display smaller items in at craft fairs or eventually, in the tearoom.
And finally, this lovely little plate and dome. for £3!
So I suppose any money I made on cakes I spent immediately on tea and cakey stuff. Success!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you.