glasgow's cutest* tearoom and craft gallery

Sunday 30 January 2011

Far and Wide for Cushion&Cake

I set off this weekend on a journey to buy stuff for the Cushion&Cake tearoom. I'd bought six chairs on ebay which I was collecting from Castle Douglas. I also managed to get two bargain round tables for me to work my magic on too from the man who had them stored. 
We drove a big loop around the South West of Scotland in search of Cushion&Cake tearoom goodies.
I also came across an absolutely fantastic bric-a-brac shop in Castle Douglas FULL of goodies called Hazels on St. Andrew Street. China, pictures, glassware, furniture. I was overwhelmed by the quantity of goodies. I got some things for the shop. I think I have nearly everything a need in terms of china for the shop.
I brought them home and gave them a wash before boxing in bubble wrap before their unveiling in the tearoom.

While on our road trip we stayed in Kircudbright in Dumfries and Galloway. Our B&B was called Baytree House and I think it was the best B&B I've ever stayed in. We received such a warm welcome from the owners who went to lengths to ensure our comfort. On arrival we were served tea and biscuits on their drawing room (very grand). The town itself was lovely and is called the 'Artist's Town' with lots of small galleries and studios on the high street.
The weather was icy cold as we went out for a walk before dinner.

The houses in the streets were all painted in adorable colours, each one different from its neighbour. 

I loved taking pictures of the houses, their pastel colours filling me with inspiration for the tearoom decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you.