glasgow's cutest* tearoom and craft gallery

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Display Stand Potential?

Almost Bunnies on Flickr
I really like the alternative use of this wooden plant stand as a bedside table. Could it be a nice way to display handmade items in my tearoom and craft gallery? Maybe they could be used on the floor or in the shop window for an interesting window display?
Looking on the web for something similar, I've found these. As with most of the furniture going into my tearoom, they may need a coat of pastel coloured paint.

2 comments:

  1. If you are using this style there are two things you may want to keep in mind. 1. If the opening underneath is not blocke by another display, chair, or such, small children will go underneath. If even only the bottom shelf is empty, they will attempt to stand on it. Obviously your shop is intended for adults, but it's good to be prepared.

    They would be lovely with the pastel china from a previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some good points. I do want parents to feel welcome with their children but at the same time, I'd be nervous about them using display areas as climbing frames :-) I hope to find display methods which are a little bit different, interesting use of different objects.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you.