glasgow's cutest* tearoom and craft gallery

Thursday 4 November 2010

Soups and Ceiling Decorations

It is getting colder and up here in Scotland, dark at 4.30pm which normally I'd be desperately unhappy about but instead I'm feeling inspired.
I put an offer in yesterday on the property I've been looking at over the last few weeks. All going well, I could be signing a lease shortly which means I'll be opening my tearoom in the Winter.
I've been thinking about soups. Warm and hearty soups with seasonal loveliness. I picked these squash up this week but can't bring myself to cut them up and use them because they look so nice.
 How cute are these?
Stuart always sends me links to pretty things and inspiring stuff for the shop. He thought I'd like this image with big ceiling pom-poms, and I do, I love it, and by clicking on the image, you can see how to make them! That's a job for me next week!
I like this bunting from a Flickr friend Teawagon. Some of this for my grand opening may be essential.
I was excited to see and advert on the TV today for the Country Living Magazine Glasgow Fair 18-21st November 2010. Even though I couldn't be more urban living in a flat about a mile from Glasgow city centre, this is my favourite magazine. Looking at the website it is going to be full of goodies and inspiration. I hope Stuart will come with me but if he doesn't want to be surrounded by pastel Christmas tree decorations and glittery deer, ribbons and gift wrapping tutorials, I'll ask my sister or my mum to come.
I've been doing the rounds of the auction houses and big antiques dealers in Glasgow for some inspiration and to source some of my furniture. I really liked this standard lamp and lampshade.
I came across this little guy too. He's a commemorative bear from the 1980's Olympics. I like his posture and the wee rings on his tummy. He looks like a care bear.
Also this week I have the task of looking for crafters to exhibit and sell their wares in the tearoom. I already had a list of people in my head of who I'd like to ask, but I've been doing a bit more investigation into local crafters in particular. My goodness, Glasgow are a crafty bunch!

So I'd better get back to it. I'm trying a couple of carrot and coriander soup recipes today too and I may just have some for my lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you.