glasgow's cutest* tearoom and craft gallery

Sunday 28 November 2010

Vintage Teapots Anyone???

After lots of searching online, in charity shop and antiques fairs I just can't seem to find nice vintage teapots for the tearoom.

I know what I'm looking for but I just can't find them. Talking to an antiques shop owner, apparently folk didn't always buy teapots with their crockery as they were easily broken or expensive so I guess that explains why they're more difficult to pick up.

But I'm going to need teapots... but maybe I'll have to buy new ones?? Would this be acceptable in a vintage inspired tea room?! 
The one above is mine. More like it would be cool. These are nice teapots though. 
Spots....
Stripes.....
 Stars....
Flowers...
Maybe a mix of vintage and new will be cool. I'll keep looking though. The more vintage the better I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you.