glasgow's cutest* tearoom and craft gallery

Tuesday 9 November 2010

This week I'm loving...paper lanterns

With the offer in on the shop premises I can only wait for the lease to be issued which could be a number of weeks. I can't believe it is ACTUALLY happening. No longer just a thought in my head. It feels really nice.
I had the keys this morning so that I could go in and do some measuring, so I went with my tape measure and noted wall measurements for wall paper, ceiling height, floor space for tables and chairs and the size of the window. I really can't wait to get in an start doing stuff!
I have some time though to look for inspiring decor for the tearoom. I'm off to Berlin at the weekend for an inspiration trip. I love Berlin's sense of style and they do enjoy a slice of cake in their tearooms and coffee houses. I'll be taking my camera and my notebook for plenty of ideas.
I'm really enjoying paper lanterns this week and other things which hang from the ceiling. Bunches of white lanterns could look very effective, as in the third last and last image.



 I'd need some help folding all of these origami birds for a mobile like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you.