glasgow's cutest* tearoom and craft gallery

Friday 21 May 2010

Another Property

I had a look at my second property today for my tearoom. It was on Dumbarton Road, at the Partick end if you know it. Hmmm, I wasn't feeling it at all. It is a super busy street but I just don't think that it is right for the kind of place I want to set up, so I think I'll write that one off. The interior was very bland. The shop front was just glazing and I hated the ceiling lights. The were like the ones in offices that give you a sore head.

Nevermind, I still have the property to look at on Great Western Road which I have a really good feeling about. I tend to trust my instincts and I can't get that location and property out of my head. It is on the main road, near a subway station with lots of resdintial flats around. It is also near lots of upmarket Interior Design places and homewares shops. People need tea and cake when shopping for their Aga!


Yes there is an Aga shop on the same street. I wonder if I could afford one for my tearoom? It would fit in beautifully and I bet the cakes would taste better from an Aga.

I believe it is going to a glorious day tomorrow here in the West of Scotland, it certainly is a great day today. I've been invited to my Uncle's house in Dunlop to meet his four new birds. I'm not at all being derrogatory, he has four hens who are living with him and his wife. The have a lovely pen in their garden. I look forward to meeting them.
I also need some more free range, organic eggs. I'm hoping that they'll lay some for me tomorrow so can bake some more cakes. I used five of their eggs to make a super duper raspberry and chocolate brownie. I'm not really a chocolate fan but I do love this. Here's the recipe if you fancy.
  • 115g/4oz butter, plus extra for greasing
  • 300g/11oz caster sugar
  • 225g/8oz dark chocolate, around 70 per cent cocoa solids
  • 75g/3oz plain flour
  • 75g/3oz cocoa powder
  • 5 free-range eggs
  • 750g/1lb 10oz raspberries

    Someone's had a nibble at this one!
     It was my friend Jill, I recognise those teethmarks!

    1. Preheat the oven to 180C/375F/Gas 4 
    2. In a bowl and beat together butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy. 
    3. Place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water (the bottom of the bowl should not touch the water) and stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
    4. Add the melted chocolate to the butter mixture and beat to combine.
    5. Add the flour, cocoa powder and eggs and mix well, then fold in the raspberries.
    6. Grease and line a 25cm x 30cm (10in x12in) baking tin. Pour the mixture into the tin, then transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until set but still moist in the middle.




      Enjoy!

       



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you.