glasgow's cutest* tearoom and craft gallery

Sunday 27 June 2010

Crafty Sunday

So it is Sunday night and I'm a tired. Fit for bed. Today was a busy Sunday. I was off selling my wares at a craft fair in Dunfermline in Fife. I was quite excited about this fair and interested to see what the craft community was like in other cities. It had been pitched as a vintage fair, but it had lots of handmade stuff for sale from my cakes to a woman who had prints and paintings on sale, her style was quite unique and you could tell she was a tattoo artist in her day job. Her dark, fantasy like imagery was quite different from my fluffy cakes and pastel coloured cushions. I liked the contrast.

I did well selling my cakes and had made a bit more variety of cakes this time including chocolate, lemon and vanilla cupcakes with either buttercream, chocolate ganache or glace icing. I love the look of delight on peoples faces when they are choosing their cupcake. They look like children and you can really see how a cupcake regresses a person when the look for the one with more icing or sprinkles or even sizing up all the cupcakes to get their hands on the biggest one.

I took a bigger variety of cushions with me today too but I think cushions are harder to sell at craft fairs. People perhaps don't buy a cushion one day when they're out I so I'm trying to think of other things to make that people are more likely just to pick up such as funky or cute tea towels and other things for the home. 

I think the cushions will do well in my craft gallery both for sitting on and selling. Hopefully customers will know where to come if they're looking for quirky, fun and pretty cushions.


This is just a short post tonight but I felt I wanted to not some of the achievements for today and some of the things I'm thinking about for my next craft fair on Saturday. I'll tell you more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you.