glasgow's cutest* tearoom and craft gallery

Thursday 1 July 2010

I Love Stripes!

The weekend is approaching again and I'm looking forward to another craft fair. This is the monthly Granny Would Be Proud Vintage and Craft Fair. I said I wasn't going to make any more cushions, but in fact, I worked from around 9-5pm today making cushions... oh dear... I hope I sell them at the weekend because I'm struggling for space here at cushion and cake headquarters. Sadly I don't have a proper room or even a corner to work in so my making pretty much takes over the whole place!
I've just finished tidying this lot, but I'll probably drag most of it out again tomorrow to make some seat cushion pads to sell at the fair.

I'm quite pleased with my work today but a fear I'm getting a bit too stripey... it is all stripes round here, which is strange because I am a real fan of anything floral... I've just not found and floral stuff that I like I guess.

This one was a real fiddle. I think I ended up spending about two hours on it. I can't really say why it took me so long... I can be a bit of a perfectionist sometimes and get a bit too caught up in tiny little details that no one notices except me. Nonetheless I'm happy with the result. It is made of fine taupe cord with a lovely mint green and taupe floral fabric. I had some lovely silk ribbon in green and cream velvet to finish it off.

This one was made usng up a bit of leftover fabric from a Norwegian designer. The fabric is called Esther which I liked. I had some co-ordinating ribbon which I have sewn onto the cushion. You can't really see it from the picture but I used brown and cream velvet ribbon and lovely thick blue cross-grain ribbon.



 
This final one is made of black heavy cotton with a vareity of pinkish velvet and satin ribbons. So you'll see there's a bit of a theme going on.

My partner's mum had looked out some linen that she's had for years and is giving it to me so that I can make some real vintage style goodies!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you.