glasgow's cutest* tearoom and craft gallery

Thursday 3 March 2011

Paper Napkins and Glasses... dull but necessary...

I've been on a mega shopping spree over the last few days and have bought LOADS of stuff for the tearoom. I was fortunate enough to get a grant from a local regeneration agency in Glasgow and must present receipts for all the things I said I'd buy within a few weeks so I've been busy doing that.
I bought a Russell Hobbs mini hob to use to melt chocolate or toast pecans for my cakes, some new teapots, 2 and 4 cup varieties and lots of baking necessities such as scales, pastry cutters and lovely storage tins. I'm still to buy a till and a printer. I'm taking a bit more time to find the best models.
I've got quite a selection of china, vintage tea cups and saucers, cake plates etc, but I think it would be foolish to try to source vintage glass for soft drinks (very breakable) so I'm looking at Ikea for glasses and other consumables.
These glasses are fine. Not terribly exciting, but you get what you pay for with glassware I suppose. I'm putting so much effort into making the place a wee bit different I don't want people to think I've been lazy by buying in bulk from Ikea. I haven't I promise! However, I also notice that they have Cushion&Cake coloured napkins!
Cushion&Cake pink
New fav Cushion&Cake colour
If anyone has any suggestions on where to buy exciting glasses and the like, do let me know :-)

1 comment:

  1. love both those colour napkins!
    You cant really go wrong with ikea glasses - they are stylish and solid, and some of theirs remind me of the glasses you get in french cafes.
    How nice to see a photo of you!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a message. I'd love to hear from you.