Thank you Becca, I'm very touched. It is not difficult to love Becca's blog being choc full with images of vintage goodies and stonking cakes. Go and visit her now at Fancy Vintage
So, with the award come some conditions. I must tell you 8 things about me and start my search to award 8 Stylish Blogger Awards to other bloggers. I look forward to this.
Here it goes:
- I love animals and have two pet guinea pigs, Bosshog and Buttercup who live in my flat with me. They are my wee pals, confidants and stress busters. I love them.
- I'm quite creative and in my life have tried a host of different things. I can play the violin, dance salsa, sew, speak French, cook and present food beautifully, put clothes and rooms together interestingly, can use Photoshop crudely, screen print, crosstitch... jack of all trades...
- Flowers are some of my favourite things. I'd spend my last few pounds on flowers (as long as I bought the guinea pigs some of their favourite lettuce first though)
- I practice yoga at home and weekly at a studio and love it. I'm sure it holds the key to happiness.
- Food is a passion. If I'm not eating food, I'm cooking it, looking at pictures of it or researching it. I look a recipes every day and have quite a collection of recipe books and random scribbled notes with ingredient lists on.
- A woman I aspire to be like is Elspeth Thompson, writer, gardener, blogger and creative extraordinaire. Sadly she passed away almost a year ago but you can read more about her here or check her books out on Amazon.
- I have an MA Literary Studies from Glasgow University but have worked in the voluntary sector for the last few years working with vulnerable people. Only now finding my way to a creative (and caring) role by opening a tearoom.
- I'm very lucky to have a super supportive and super creative partner, Stuart, without whom I wouldn't have found the confidence to rediscover my creativity, write a blog or own my own business. My family are also awesome and give me buckets of encouragement and nurtured creativity since childhood.
|Elspeth Thompson died on Thursday 25th March 2010 aged 48|